Sunday, October 26, 2014

Alone but not lonely

When I say that I feel alone, I don't mean that I physically feel alone. I feel that the way that I think and the way that I see the world is different from the way that a lot of people see the world. I feel like I am a prisoner being held hostage by my own thoughts. It doesn't matter how much I try to escape them, they always follow me and they will never let me get away. I often wish that I didn't have the urge to want to change the world. I often wish that I wasn't obsessed with finding out how humans came into existence, and what our purpose is in life. I often wish that people could see the world the way that I see it, and realize that by uniting, and setting aside our differences we could make this world a better place for us all.

If you saw the movie called the matrix then you could understand how I feel. I see people going to work everyday , and slaving their lives away only to continue to struggle. I see wars being fought, not for our freedom, but to benefit the wealthy and those that are in power. I see big pharmaceutical companies keeping cures from the public, because there is more money to be made by managing our illnesses instead curing them. I see people being forced to sell drugs, rob people, live on the streets, and live paycheck to paycheck because the monetary system is flawed, and designed to create these problems. I see people voting during election season not realizing that their vote means nothing at all. I see the media and the government manipulating the public on a daily basis. I see all of these things, but I see so many people that don't see them happening, or they see them happening, but they are too afraid to stand up and make things better.

As I said before, I am a prisoner being held hostage by my own thoughts. I used to be different and I used to think differently. Now I feel like I am trapped in a world surrounded by mental slaves, and I feel that it is my duty to wake up as many of them as possible. There are times that I want to go back to the days where I didn't care about any of these things, but if I had the chance to do that I am positive that I wouldn't do it.

No comments :

Post a Comment